This site is easy to navigate, but to get an understanding of how this site is constructed and where to find content of interest in the three main sections (Gatherings, Remembering and Media) click on those corresponding boxes at the bottom of this page or use the drop down menus at the top. The site will grow as classmate content is added or there is news on classmates.
2023 Reunion News for NMH Class of 1970
From Tess Dunhoff:
We’re getting ready for our return to campus to celebrate our 50th reunion, albeit a couple of years late. This reunion will be like none before. First, the last classes of 1970 and 1971 from Northfield School, and the first year of NMH, 1972 will be together. Remember those sophomores and juniors who wandered halls with us, sang with us and participated in sports and activities with us? You’ll have a chance to reconnect!
Although registration for our reunion won’t begin until March, 2022, there will be some housing available in Hibbard Hall and Moore Cottage, a part of the Moody Center. Rooms are already being reserved with no deposit. If you would like to stay on our old campus instead of in a dorm on the NMH campus, please contact Julia Wiggins at email@example.com. Include your name and phone number.
1. She has 37 rooms in Hibbard, eight of which are already reserved. You can double up with a classmate or request to be near a classmate.
2. Dorm rooms will have full bed linens and include two towels, plus a bottle of water. Bathrooms have pump shampoo, etc.
3. Moore Cottage will be reserved for previous residents of the dorm.
4. Allergies, mobility and special needs will be respected.
5. There will be no direct room fee, however a donation will be requested in the form of cash or check only.
6. Beer and wine are allowed in the dorm, but no hard liquor.
7. Hospitality via Julia is available 24/7 with coffee/tea, grab and go snacks, yoghurt and fruit.
8. Although Saturday afternoon activities are being planned on our old campus, most events will take place on the NMH campus.
9. A shuttle between campus is being discussed, but not yet promised.
If you’re interested in taking advantage of this wonderful option, please email Julia soon!
See everyone reunion weekend, Friday, June 3- Sunday, June 5, 2022. Registration will begin in March, 2022.
Life at Northfield
Story by Tess Pemantel Dunhoff
It’s been 50 years since we donned our sturdies and walked across three seasons of Northfield School in the early morning….
Jerry Fraser wrote an article for The Boston Globe on the occasion of our 25th reunion. Although the years have passed, it still captures the essence of our days at NMH. Click on the chapel to access Jerry’s article.
Text and Timeline Contributed by Dale Silver
The years we were in high school, all or part of which was spent at Northfield/Mt. Hermon, were eventfully transitional for us, the country and the world. It is amazing to look back on the years from 1967-1970 and see all of the cultural and political activity that we witnessed.
The section focuses on a wide range of gatherings our classmates have attended over the years. The section starts with details on the upcoming 50th Reunion. Information will be added as it becomes available and there will be a gallery of pictures taken at…
This section opens with Memories & Anecdotes submitted by classmates as they recall the impact NMH had on their lives. To have your thoughts added, just submit a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Trails To You honors classmates who have passed, each having a…
This section includes photo, video, publication and music collections. In addition to drawing from the school’s archives, classmates have contributed pictures from their scrapbooks and their record collections. Of particular interest are the candid pictures in Northfield Life, Mount Hermon Life, and Guys and…